- olive oil
- 4 cups stale bread, cubed
- 1 ½ cup fresh milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp chopped onions
- 8 pork sausages (remove skin and mash)
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- grated cheddar cheese
- steamed broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 350°C.
2. Brush oil inside ramekins and fill with stale bread. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together ½ cup milk, egg and Dijon mustard. Set aside. (mixture 1)
4. In a medium pan, sauté onion, garlic and pork sausage until cooked. Set aside.
5. In another medium bowl, mix together 1 cup milk and 1tbsp white wine vinegar. Let it sit for three minutes and add cream of mushroom soup. Mix well and set aside. (mixture 2)
6. Fill half of the ramekins with milk mixture 1.
7. Add the sautéed pork sausages on top, and fill the remaining half of the ramekin with milk mixture 2.
8. Top with grated cheddar cheese and bake until cheese is melted, brown and puffed.
9. Serve with steamed broccoli
If you don't have ramekins, you can make this casserole with a regular coffee mug.
Makes 4 servings.
Ms. Portia Baluyut manages Isabelo Garden Restaurant, located in San Roque, Marikina City. Visit isabelogarden.com for more information or contact (02) 510 6914 or 0908 7401645 for reservations.
For more deliciously healthy recipes from our featured chefs, get your copy of the October issue of HealthToday, out now in major newsstands and bookstores.